post trip...still recovering but very content...
29 hour days are LONG and tiring! We had a great flight back across the pond. Flew a more northerly route, just of the coast of Iceland and Greenland, and the last 2 hours were over land up in Nova Scotia and New England. It was raining the day we flew out so when we were landing we realized we were right smack across the river from New York City! Had a fabulous view of the big buildings...that was pretty neat. We arrived 30 minutes ahead of schedule so got to enjoy extra time in the Newark airport....not the highlight of the trip! (actually it is a disgusting and dirty place with not enough room for the people who are there to move or sit...I will avoid flying though there in the future if possible!) When we were about to take off from Newark, Cat realized that the window next to the seat in front of us (where the two kids were wrestling and acting like animals [had to keep control of my bossy teacher side!]) had popped loose. Not knowing if that was an issue or not and concerned that the kids, whose mom was 4 rows up and oblivious to their lack of self-control, might pull it out even more, we showed it to the flight attendant, who told the captain , who came back to take a look. He explained that it was cosmetic and not to worry, then came on the speaker to explain to the rest of the passengers why he had come into the cabin. Cat was embarrassed, but the mom behind us who was holding a precious 2 year old thanked and thanked her for letting the attendant know and getting it looked into...better safe than sorry! As the captain said, it had been a rough few weeks for aviation --- 2 planes into the ocean, a pilot with a heart attack (flying into Newark the day we were leaving and on the runway there as we landed). Once up we had a good flight back to Richmond.
At Cat's request we went straight to Sonic for COLD beverages on the way home! slushes and limeades....yum!
WONDERFUL to be home with the boys...they seemed to do fine in our absence, wisdom teeth and all...
There is something to jet-lag... I have slept great and long the two nights home, but I haven't shaken the hang-over feeling. No worries....it was all worth it!
People keep asking me to tell what we did...there are so many things in my brain I don't know where to start! I am hoping once I get my thousand pictures developed it will help me to organize my thoughts! I just know it was a fabulous experience that I will treasure for ever! Can't believe everything we saw and did! wow....just WOW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment