Monday, June 15, 2009

waffles, anyone?

WOOHOO~!~!~! Belgium is a go! Booked and paid for the train tickets FINALLY after 4 hours on the phone, mostly on hold, with each person we talked to telling us something different. But we have our voucher for tickets so we'll be spending Monday in Belgium! We will leave London on the Eurostar (a train which travels at a speed of 186 mph), travel through the chunnel (the tunnel under the English Channel) for about 30 minutes, and go through the beautiful French and Belgian countryside (so I am told) and arrive in Brussels after a 2 hour ride. Pretty amazing I think! After spending the day in Brussels doing eveything we can cram into a day we'll board a night train back to London. It'll be a long day but way fun!

Tomorrow I really have to pack! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Martha, Thanks for sharing your adventures! Susan from Ecoff Elem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    You talk about packen in this one. Have you finished packen yet aneways.

    EMILY NICOLE RETTIG

    P.S. BYE

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Emily...I have not packed a thing yet! You are at my house....how about you pack for me...PLEEEEEASE????
    Martha

    ReplyDelete